NEW Citroen Berlingo Van
We are now taking orders for the Citroen Berlingo van so we thought we’d take a look and see why it was crowned 2019 International Van of the Year.
The first Citroen Berlingo van arrived on the scene 22 years ago in 1996 and 1.5 million vans later we see the brand new third-generation van. It’s an instant success being one of the most affordable advanced vans in the small van sector.
The Berlingo Van comes in different versions the Worker is designed to be more rugged to cope with a tough life and the Driver offering more comfort for the longer journeys. There is also Enterprise which has a plusher trim. The Berlingo features a payload rating of up to 1000kg (1 tonne) plus an overload indicator to tell you if you have exceeded capacity to help you stay safe and legal. The overload indicator is exactly what it sounds like, if you’re at 80% capacity the indicator will be white, exceed the payload and the warning light turns orange.
It’s available in two lengths; you can choose which is most practical for you. There is either the standard M version at 4.40m long or the XL at 4.75m long.
On the Berlingo van you can choose one or two wide sliding doors making loading and unloading significantly easier. The rear doors are split 60/40 and open to a full 180 degrees and come as standard along with a steel bulkhead, plus there is space to carry up to 2 Euro pallets.
In the cab there is the option of 3 abreast seating made possible by mounting the gear lever higher on the dashboard. The centre seat can be lowered to create a table if necessary. If you need to carry more passengers there’s a crew cab option which comes with folding rear seats and a movable mesh bulkhead so you can manage the space as you require.
With regard to the engine there is Citroen’s most recent 1.2 PureTech three-cylinder turbo petrol in 110 and 130 forms. Alternatively, the latest BlueHDi diesel in 75, 100 and 130. The most powerful petrols and diesels come with Citroen’s EAT8 eight-speed auto gearbox.
Here are some of the available features of the Berlingo:-
- Colour Heads Up Display
- Automatic Electric Parking Brake
- Adaptive Cruise Control (with stop and go function on automatic models)
- Active Lane Departure Warning System – this tries to steer you back into lane if you don’t indicate
- Driver Attention Alert – Uses a camera to compare the road to the driver’s response to spot loss in concentration
- Blind Spot Monitoring System
- Distance Alert – Warns you if you are getting too close to something in front
- Active Safety Brake – autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian detection
- Keyless entry and start
- Hill Start Assist
- Flankguard – uses the front and rear parking sensors to memorise the location of objects around the van to warn you of obstacles
- Reversing Camera
- Grip Control with Hill Decent Assist
- Magic Wash – windscreen wipers that apply water to screen via the blade
- Wireless Phone Charging is an option
- Infotainment options include Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Sat-Nav with 8.0 inch touchscreen and Tom-Tom alerts.
Plus there’s a selection of colours
Finally, if you would like to find out more about the Citroen Berlingo then please get in touch we are happy to help.
More from the Citroen Van range:
- New Citroen Berlingo Van
- Berlingo Electric